In partnership with Northumberland County Council and other Councils across the North East, on 1st April 2015 Newcastle City Council’s ‘Go Digital Newcastle’ team announced that their Connection Voucher Scheme would be extended out to eligible organisations across the region. The scheme is open to applicants until 31st March 2016.
This is a great opportunity for eligible small or medium-sized businesses, charities or social enterprises in Northumberland who will be able to apply for a free voucher worth up to £3,000 towards the up front installation cost of getting connected to superfast broadband. VAT and the ongoing costs aren’t covered by the voucher and are payable by the business.
For any businesses who would like to find out more about the Connection Voucher Scheme, further information can be found on the Go Digital website here, including details of:
- How the scheme works and what costs can be covered
- Eligibility criteria
- How businesses can apply for connection vouchers – including on-line application forms
- Pooling vouchers in group schemes to improve connectivity for a business park, retail or business centre, or enterprise hub
- Case studies of how other businesses have benefited
- North East Active Suppliers who can provide connectivity
If you have any further queries about how the scheme works in Northumberland, please contact the iNorthumberland team by email to email@example.com.